Wednesday, August 27, 2008
My Take On the Sosnoski Reading
Upon my reading of the essay about hypertext, I realized that every teacher that taught me how to read a text was wrong. Why do we absolutely NEED to read, word for word, the entire document in question? People skim, peck and filter constantly throughout daily life to get what they absolutely need out of what they read. The internet and phone book were great examples, but not only that but the newspaper and magazines as well. Not very many people go through every article on every page of a newspaper. They find an interesting news report and filter out what the title of the article really means. I realized it's really not all that bad to just get the information I need out of a text.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally agree with the point that you are making, Why do they teach us that we have to everything? By the time that you read an entire chapter of a textbook, you are too bored to do further research on the subject. Some people even read the material so fast that they do not retain the material, but they read it all.
Post a Comment