Sunday, August 31, 2008

Iraq Milblog

It's amazing what our soldiers go through in Iraq. Some people here don't even know how many incidents and crisis they suffer. Seeing several of the poems written on the milblog, however, make it clear. The images they paint in the mind as you read them are graphic and intense images of death, suffering and liberation. The poems they write is a powerful way to release how they feel inside and also a way to get away from the violence. Another example is the T-walls that our soldiers decorated. I'm sure it gives them a reprieve from the fight. It's basically an alleviation of reality for them.

2 comments:

amanda williams said...

Reading the Iraq milblogs were an eye opening experience for me as well! The only thing they show us on the news is the bad things: like someone died!

amanda

Courtney said...

I also read the blog about the t-walls. I think that it is great that they can use them as an outlet. I know that when i am frustrated it is nice to do things like draw or color pictures. It was different to see what they were going through compared to what is going on in the US.